Tropical Pitcher Plant
Houseplants Size Chart
Subject to availability. Check with your local store for current availability.
Long, sword-shaped leaves are tipped with mottled, hanging, pitcher traps. Grows vigorously in a bright window. Makes an excellent hanging houseplant.
* Houseplants are like “surf and turf” on a restaurant menu; prices reflect the current market value. Because we pass the savings onto you, our prices fluctuate based on where and when specific plants are sourced.
- Mature Size: 1'-2' tall, 1'-2' wide
- Light Requirement: Bright Light
- Water Needs: High
- Growth Habit: Upright, Arching
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Attributes: Evergreen, Air Purifier, Pet Friendly
Green Thumb Guide
Must be grown in low nutrient soils such as a peat moss/sand mixture. Keep soil wet to the touch with distilled water. Keep in a very bright window or under a grow light. Can tolerate some direct sunlight, but will scorch if temperatures get too high. May be fed once or twice a month with insects as large as crickets if the plant has not caught them on its own.