Dutch Onion 'Red Shallots'
Typically available from late summer to early spring. Call your favorite store for current availability.
Fragrant, globe-shaped shallots mature in about 100 days. Mild, sweet flavor is a good alternative to garlic. Great for adding flavor to soups, sauces and meats. Stop by one of our locations to see our full selection of seasonal bulbs!
Draw pollinators into your garden with pollinator-attracting plants.
* Check Stores for current availability, or stop in to see the full selection.
Plant with Sage
- Size: 12"-16" tall, 6" wide
- Days to Maturity: 100 Days
- Productivity: 1.5"-2" bulbs
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Needs: Moderate to High
- Growth Habit: Upright, Narrow
Green Thumb Guide
Plant bulbs in well draining soil along with a bulb fertilizer. Harvest after 100 days when foliage begins to yellow. Feel around the top of the bulb to make sure the cloves have formed. Allow to sun dry for a few hours before fully drying in a well ventilated place for 7-10 days or until tops are thoroughly dry.