Typically available from early spring through mid-summer. Check with your local store for current availability.
Fragrant, globe-shaped shallots mature in about 100 days. Mild, sweet flavor is a good alternative to garlic. Great for adding flavor to soups, sauces and meats.
Draw pollinators into your garden with pollinator-attracting plants.
* Check Stores for current availability, or stop in to see the full selection.
Plant with Peppers
- Size: 30"-35" tall, 12" wide
- Days to Maturity: 100 Days
- Productivity: 1.5"-2" Round Shallots
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Needs: High
- Growth Habit: Upright, Narrow
Green Thumb Guide
Plant in enriched garden soil after danger of frost, or fall in frost free areas. Leave 12" of space between each group of plants. Add fertilizer to soil before transplanting. Onions prefer a pH of 6.0-7.0. Water early morning or late evening. Harvest onions after approximately 100 days.ebstone-organics-surestart,ebstone-chickenmanure,gandb-soilbuildingconditioner,ebstone-organics-tomatoevegetablefood,ames-wood-handle-trowel