Typically available from early spring through mid-summer. Check with your local store for current availability.
Oblong, bumpy, cucumber-like fruits are light green in color with a cream color interior surrounding seeds. Scoop out the seeds to use the bitter rind for cooking. Sharp flavor softens with cooking, absorbing flavors around it. Prized for it's uses in Chinese medicine and cuisine.
Draw pollinators into your garden with pollinator-attracting plants.
* Check Stores for current availability, or stop in to see the full selection.
Plant with Corn
- Size: 6"-8" tall, 6'-8' wide
- Days to Maturity: 90 Days
- Productivity: 12" Long Fruit
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Needs: Moderate to High
- Growth Habit: Trailing