Pepper 'Calabrian Chile'
Typically available from early spring through mid-summer. Check with your local store for current availability.
Versatile, all purpose peppers have a spicy, smoky, fruity flavor. Bright red peppers originate from Calabria Italy, and are one of the most popular types in Southern Italy. Can be used fresh, stuffed, packed in oil, pickled or dried.
Draw pollinators into your garden with pollinator-attracting plants.
* Check Stores for current availability, or stop in to see the full selection.
- Size: 18"-24" tall, 1' wide
- Days to Maturity: 60-70 Days
- Productivity: 6"-8" Long Peppers
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Needs: Moderate
- Growth Habit: Upright
Green Thumb Guide
Plant in enriched garden soil 1-2 weeks after last frost. Leave 18"-20" of space between each planting. Fertilize when transplanting and when flowers are about to bloom. Water early morning or late evening. Harvest peppers when they ripen to dark red.