The Grass Is Always Greener…
...When You Order Sod From Green Acres Nursery & Supply
We offer fresh sod, grown locally by Delta Bluegrass Company in Stockton. During spring months, we order fresh sod daily (Monday through Saturday) and make it available for walk-in purchases, while supplies last. As the weather heats up, gets wet or very cold, we keep less on hand — and order as needed — to maintain fresh quality. Our rolls of sod are 5’ x 2’ (10 square feet).
Ordering, Delivery & Installation
Order sod online or in stores.
Online: Place orders based on your calculations of square footage for a delivery date that works best for you. Online orders are taken for 200 square feet or more. Schedule a direct-drop from Delta Bluegrass, Monday through Saturday. Sod orders of 1,000 square feet or more qualify for free curbside delivery directly from Delta Bluegrass. There is a delivery fee for orders under 1,000 square feet. Delta Bluegrass also offers installation services that we can coordinate for you. Please provide a lead time of three days.
In-Store: Place orders based on your calculations of square footage for a delivery date that works best for you. Order any amount for pick up in store, or schedule a direct-drop (200 square feet or more) from Delta Bluegrass, Monday through Saturday. Sod orders of 1,000 square feet or more qualify for free curbside delivery directly from Delta Bluegrass. There is a delivery fee for orders under 1,000 square feet. Delta Bluegrass also offers installation services that we can coordinate for you. Please provide a lead time of two days.
Here’s a few things you’ll need for installation:
- Sod Roller (Rent one at any Green Acres location. Deposit is refunded in full upon return.)
- Sod Knife
- Bolero™ Sod & Seed Starter
- Bolero™ Lawn Food
- Proper Irrigation
Types of Sod
Did you know we offer multiple varieties of sod? Our staff can help you choose the right sod for your location:
- Bolero Plus™ 90% dwarf fescue, 10% bluegrass: Excellent drought tolerance and disease resistance; beautiful dark blue-green winter color; slower growing, fewer clippings.
- Blue Rye 50% bluegrass, 50% ryegrass: Developed for golf courses and sports fields; dark blue-green color year-round; uniform growth and quick healing.
- Bentgrass: Industry’s first choice for native lawn areas; thrives in full sun or partial shade; tolerates low-impact foot traffic.
- Tifway 419: Bermuda grass variety with a dense habit; use in high-traffic areas and athletic fields.
- Shade: Specifically designed to excel in full and filtered sun; contains two tall fescues and fine fescue varieties known to excel in up to 40% shade; excellent heat and wear tolerance for high-traffic areas.
- Mow Free: Combination of fine fescues that creates a meadow-like look; can be left unmowed; good shade resistance; works well on slopes.
- Baby Bermuda: Semi-dwarf form of Bermuda grass with a low, creeping habit; use for golf courses or high traffic areas; earlier spring green-up, minimal thatch, very short growth.
- Native Grasses: Bring a natural, meadow-like look to the landscape with two different native sods – bentgrass or mow-free blend.
- 100% Rye, Blue, Premium Blend: A choice of 100% ryegrass, 100% bluegrass, or a premium blend; all excellent for athletic fields and golf courses.
- Kurapia: Uses 60% less water once established; mowing optional; a natural pollinator; prevents soil erosion; suppresses weeds.
Special-order sod is paid at the time of the order. We’ll notify you when your sod arrives for pick-up, or the window of time it will be dropped at your home (based on schedules provided by Delta Bluegrass). Because sod is perishable, and may be ordered to custom specifications, all sod is non-refundable.
New Sod Care
New sod is perishable and must be installed immediately to ensure a successful, healthy lawn. A light watering of the ground before installation is recommended, since dry soil acts like a wick and removes the moisture from the sod. Cooler ground temperatures will help prevent the roots from shock. We recommend using Bolero™ Sod & Seed Starter “preplant” fertilizer on the soil before installation.